As a community based settings which is also a member of the Pre-school Learning Alliance, all parents are regarded as members who have full participatory rights. These include a right to be:
valued and respected; kept informed; consulted;involved and included at all levels.
Membership of the setting also carries expectations on parents for their support and commitment. This is the basis of the 'mutuality' that characterises a Pre-school Learning Alliance member setting.
We aim to ensure that each child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment
- s given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer parent helpers
- has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do
- has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes satisfying progress
- is in a setting that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop; and is in a setting in which parents help to shape the service it offers.